© 2008 Beneficial Life Insurance Company. All rights reserved.
Beneficial is committed to ensuring the personal privacy of those who visit this site. This statement summarizes Beneficial's current practices on gathering and handling data about visitors to its Web site. Although Beneficial's site contains links to other sites, Beneficial is not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites or the contents of such sites.
- Summary of Policy
Through its Web site, Beneficial collects information about visitors who knowingly and voluntarily provide information to Beneficial. Otherwise, no information revealing the visitor’s identity is collected. This means that you may visit Beneficial's Web site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you choose to provide us with personal information, we will not disclose it to anyone outside Beneficial unless you specifically authorize it or disclosure is required either by law or to protect the safety or security of Beneficial ’s customers, employees, or property.
- Information Collected by Beneficial
To measure the effectiveness of our Web site, Beneficial collects some non personal, generic information about visitors. This information may be described as “aggregated tracking information.” “Aggregated tracking information” is data collected on visitors as a group, without any distinguishing characteristics from which individuals can be identified. For example, our Web server will recognize a visitor’s domain name (such as .com, .gov, .edu), the Web pages from and to which the visitor enters and exits our site, the pages visited, the visitor’s Web browser, and how much time the visitor spends on each page. We aggregate this information to evaluate and improve our Web site.
- How We Gather Information
Beneficial gathers information based on whether Web site users choose to provide information to Beneficial.
- Anonymous Users: We use a “cookie“ to store information for a single visit of an anonymous user. A cookie is a small data file (a few lines of text) that is transmitted to your Web browser and then stored on your hard drive. When you return to the site, the cookie is transmitted back to our server. A cookie file can contain information that the site uses to track the pages you’ve visited. However, the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie cannot read data off your hard disk drive or read cookie files created by other sites. We will delete the cookie when you end your browser session (i.e., when you choose “Exit” in Netscape’s File menu or “Close” in Internet Explorer’s File menu).
- Registered Users: When a Beneficial visitor chooses to provide us with information, the information provided by the visitor is entered into a secure Beneficial Web site database. When a registered user logs in, the information stored in this database is used to recall previously provided information. We will use the information provided for broad demographic information purposes and for analyzing how this Web site is being used. We will not willingly share this information with any other organization outside of Beneficial. For example, we do not sell database information to telemarketers. Our site also uses forms for customers to request information, inquire about careers, and to initiate customer service. Our site registration form requires visitors to give us contact information (like their name and e-mail address) so that we can reply to an inquiry or service request. For certain customer service requests, we also ask for personal identifying information, such as taxpayer ID number and date of birth, so that we can later verify the customer’s identity.
It is your responsibility to scan any downloaded material for viruses. Beneficial will not be responsible for any damage to computer hardware or software as a result of computer viruses.
Registered users may change or remove their personal information from our database by contacting us at the address listed in paragraph 7 below
- Contacting Us About the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
Beneficial Financial Group
150 Social Hall Avenue
P.O. Box 45654
Salt Lake City, UT 84145-0654