Beneficial contributes 10 percent of its pre-tax earnings to charitable causes.
We have a long history of giving back to the community. Each year we contribute 10 percent of our annual pre-tax earnings to a charitable foundation that supports numerous worthwhile projects focused on humanitarian and health services, education, and community culture and arts initiatives. The following is a brief list of some of those who have benefited from our charitable commitments:
- United Way
- American Heart Association
- Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Utah Symphony and Opera
- Rose Park Community Center
- CHOICE International
- American Red Cross
- Boy Scouts of America
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America
- Refugees of the conflict in Kosovo
- Flood victims in Venezuela
- Local students who receive educational grants and scholarships
In addition to our annual 10 percent contribution, our agents and employees provide countless hours of service throughout their communities in serving and teaching those in need.
- Beneficial provides employees paid time off to participate in service activities, such as Kids Café, a Utah Food Bank program that provides dinner for at-risk children at 20 sites in Utah. Beneficial Home Office employees help staff the annual Kid’s Café Carnival for about 600 children who receive lunch and participate in a variety of carnival games and activities.
- Our matching grants program provides a dollar-for-dollar match, up to $3,000 per year, for qualifying charitable donations made by employees and financial professionals.
- Employees and financial professionals participate in a variety of humanitarian service events.